Ireland is now a special area of conservation!

Special Area of Conservation 

More commonly known as an SAC!

Slieve Mish SAC
So a special area of conservation is as states on the National Parks and Wildlife website! 


These are prime wildlife conservation areas in the country, considered to be important on a European as well as Irish level.



So at the moment we have 13,500km of special areas of conservation in Ireland, we also have 570,000 heatares of special protected areas. 

So personally I haven't travelled much of these areas but in my locality I have!

From Tralee Town to Blennerville its just rubbish, the picture below shows the canal in Tralee.

Birds that are on the Annex list of protected birds can be seen floating dead in the canal some days!


Tralee Bay SAC

So I am thinking are these SPA's or SAC just another grant scheme for environmentaly friendly farmers? 

Who knows? But I do know that if we doing something right in Ireland is we here doing very good habitat studies on all types of species either native or known native. 

Where it does become a problem is where does it stop? Before we know it we will not be able to fish or hunt in Ireland. 

Everything is protected or is going to become protected! Is this a good or bad thing? I really dont know, but for country sports its a disaster! We gone so to the left its absolutely crazy. 

Please have a look at a video in the link of an angler getting attacked over killing a fish! 

Angler gets attacked for killing a fish!

Slieve Mish SAC, Hunting Irish Bogland

Now look I love the countryside and I love the environment but an individual, that thinks, a man or a woman with a gun or
 a rod, is going to destroy a species is going from a completely biased point of view.

One thing I personally notice at the moment is the leftist group of people with lets face it, include equal rights, vegans, vegetarians, feminists and all the other new age societies, cannot have a decent conversation about anything that doesn't side with there opinion. 

And another thing I do love people some more then other but I am a believer in the human race, I truly believe with all my heart that we will make right the wrongs with regards our environment, I actually believe we will make right the environment before we make right, how we treat each other. 

It just seems to me that we have forgot that the real problems in this country is not the people but its the traditions that we are losing. Intensive farming is the number one destroyer of everything, all species are being wiped out because we buy our products from supermarkets, and angler eating his own fish or a hunter eating his own meat outweighs so mush thats wrong with the consumer society. 

These SAC'S or SPA'S are they just on the verge of taking over the whole grant schemes across europe? There certinaiyl providing jobs but do we really care?