COSTA DEL DINGLE

Costa Del Dingle 

Derrymore, May, 2018

Is there a better place in the world in the warm sunshine? I really don't think so! If you think about it, how many other countries have the miles of beaches that we have here in Ireland?  Here's a few pictures of the peninsula in full warm sunshine!

Black Rock, Banna, May, 2018

Black Rock, Banna, May, 2018
On the fishing front I was fishing a few days after bass but with no luck, seen three bass Tuesday night in barrow harbour but no take. I personally don't like the sunshine for bass, I prefer the cloudy windy days. Here another few pictures while out fishing. Also was pleased to see a fishery officer in gayners near feint on Monday evening. It will be very interesting, if we see any prosecutions with this c&r joke, I really think we shot ourselves in the foot with this one, its a crying shame that we cannot stand on our own two feet and stick to our own laws. Nothing wrong with our bass stocks here, its not our fault that they destroy bass stocks all over Europe!

Fiish Minnow Lure

Gayners, Fenit, May, 2018

Mitchell Avocet Salt
I am relatively new to lure fishing for bass, although I have been luring for years and have caught many bass while out lure fishing, I just don't spend enough time during the year to become experienced. I am starting to like it though and with the ban on keeping a fish for the table, if i am fishing for bass it will be lure fishing. I did lose a very big bass in Formoyle two weeks ago! It was well into double figures and gave me a fight I will never ever forget. Brandon bay can throw up huge bass and I hope to get my first specimen this year from an area that I have been studying for maybe three years, there is a lot to luring and I believe it really comes down to the knowledge of the area and that can only be gained by going out and doing your homework. The tide and lay of the land underneath is key I have noticed, from studying this area it has really become apparent to me that the bass do congregate in different areas at different times of the tide, getting to know these spots is essential.