Exodus 90 Day 14 -16

Do not be afraid.....

Well over 300 times that phrase is mentioned in the bible. Its funny because I have started to realise that when I start to pray or go into quiet meditation, I can feel fear. I watched the news today, the amount of fear that is been televised at the moment is frightening. Every single story is complete fear! Now what are we afraid of? Its a very honest question, what are we actually afraid of? Like I heard someone say recently "if I could get to the grave smiling" I nearly fell off my seat when I heard it because I taught it was one of the most inspirational things I have ever heard! It was a pure flippant comment but I very deep and meaningful comment as well. I have not been able to remove it from my brain since. 

Mayo, Pike Fishing, 2015

I met with the parish priest tonight, I said confession and we spoke about exodus 90. We two weeks in and honestly its been amazing how them two weeks have been filled with so much character and substance. The learning and comradely between a group of men has been astonishing. Its been very very real. This morning I came across a reading about an old Hebrew book called the book of sirach or the book of wisdom. It spoke about vice and virtue. Some thing that amazingly I have been interested in for a very long time. The seven deadly sins and the seven virtuous virtues are something lost to our society, its very lob sided at least and its not on the good side. The book spoke about vice and how in actual fact all wisdom comes from god, virtue is wisdom and vice is sin. Its says that when you give up a vice then its almost like a death, you then go back into vice and if you practise the wisdom of virtue eventually you will be rid of vice. The problem is in realising how we sin. A lot people these days think they do not sin. I beg to differ. Tight Lines.