Exodus 90 Day 2

Another day done, absolute misery! Whats the point in saying anything else about it. I am not the type to get all spiritual and positive! Id love a can of coke, bag of salt/vinegar taytoes, washed down with a dairy milk mint crisp. I am off the fags as well as that is an addictive substance. The television is another disaster, YouTube out, Netflix out, everything out! You might say now why am I doing this to myself? For some reason I want to punish myself! I like to suffer but deep down I know all the things that I like are actually bad for me. I got into the desert fathers this year and I am a practising catholic so the exodus 90 programme was something I actually wanted to do. I have come to realise that for me suffering is necessary, the comfortable life was never for me. That is why I lived on the edge of a cliff throughout different periods of my life. Sitting in watching corrie, eating shit food, looking at women on Facebook or Instagram would in the long run kill me. Its not where its at for me. Its not living. 


Ross Castle, Killarney 

So my journey continues into the sugar withdrawal and the cold showers. One thing I know for sure is that a strong faith is without doubt the key to all this. A belief is something greater than me, will carry me through the darkest of days. The higher power has always being there in the past and it wont leave me now. Somebody said to me one time "I have tried everything but give up", its not about when you down but its about when you get back up. The reality is we all slaves to our vices! We slaves to the evil one. That is the reality, its about figuring that out, never ever has been the planet so full of evil than it is now, lust and vanity conquer all now. People want white teeth and big cars while the other 3/4's of the world starves. People will pay 300 euro for a pair of runners that a kid in India has been sweating over for 10 cent. Every town is full of drug dealers because of lack of education and disadvantaged areas. Every drug dealer I have ever known never wanted to be dealing drugs, they just think they can do nothing else. Suicides and mental health at an all time high even though we have a whole industry built around mental health now. The only way forward is through god and i do not mean that in a corny way. I mean that by getting your hands dirty, by going out into the trenches and helping people out, by asking god to help those that are suffering, its time to think less of ourselves and more of others. Bring peace to the world not chaos. Be kind, be loving. 

Minard Castle, Dingle Peninsula