Exodus 90 Day 5

So 5 days in, still craving sugar, will the want ever go away? The real eye opener is the reality of how consumed I was in all things distracting! Maybe this happens unknown to us but the media is a huge distraction. When you sit back and think about it, does it really matter to me what is happening two thousand miles away? I understand that we are in the middle of a pandemic but in fairness, will watching the news really make a difference? Television is a form of hypnosis, you sit down and you become hypnotised, three hours pass and then you go to bed and go on your phone! Basically you are hiding away from the fact that instead of doing something of importance you are being hypnotised by a screen! People often say that religion controlled the masses, well if religion controlled the masses than what is the media doing? What is Netflix, google and YouTube doing? Not only are they controlling the masses but they are telling you what to wear, how to think, who to like, who to hate and absolutely everything else in between! 


The only Christian to have ever lived, died on the cross, Jesus Christ, Amsterdam, 2019

If you take vice out of your life than what are you left with? Your left with your life without vice. Why do we overeat, take drugs, drink alcohol and cause chaos? Because a life without vice is too painful! For me this week has taught me to live a disciplined life is difficult, to live a life while overeating and pleasuring myself all the time is still difficult but I can treat myself all day every day to forget the difficulties in life! Like I know who I am, I do not do anything in moderation, the one thing exodus has taught me is that even the so called less harmful things in life like television and sugar are just as harmful as say cocaine or alcohol. Cocaine will kill you but television will kill you in other way. It will kill you slowly and take away all your ambitions. It will lull you into a state of unconscious, evenings will pass by, then years and decades until one day you are facing the grave and you realise all of the time you wasted. I heard somewhere that when you meet your maker and you are to be judged, you will be judged on what you didn't do, not what you did!