The Draft Net Fishery In Ireland

The reality is we have destroyed our salmon stocks. That is the truth. We are all involved. Me included. I have been killing Salmon since I was 13 years old. For what ever reason we are as a people dead set on destroying Salmon and a lot of other species around us. Why is that? That is a question that takes a lot of taught. I am gonna be honest here and say it straight out, I do not like the fact that nets are tied across our best rivers in Kerry. I do not like the fact that in Kerry we are now killing almost 75% of the annual quota of commercially caught salmon in Ireland. I don't like that our wild salmon are been smoked and sold to the wealthy. I cant stand it in fact. I hate that people running these fish mongers are driving fancy cars and big range rovers. It fucking sickens me. I am gonna be straight up and admit this here also, I have never in my life sold a Salmon, but I have been offered money plenty times for one. I know that plenty anglers sell Salmon. I would even go as far as say over half of the people fishing for Salmon sell them. That is my truth and people will hate me for saying it. 

Draft Net Data, Inland Fisheries Ireland 

We are all at fault, but I understand it. Last year was my first year ever putting back a Salmon. Here is a link to the video. 

Salmon Released River Maine & Brown Flesk

I was on the phone yesterday to another concerned angler and we spoke at length. Its very easy to say that we all practise C&R. For me it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. releasing that fish changed my life. It was a moment I will never forget. You see when I released the fish, I then had to ask myself the question, why did I kill all these fish down through the years. Yes of course I eat fish all the time, but really why did I kill these Salmon that are literately on the way out. If people do not know this but Salmon are literately fallen off the face of the planet earth. They could be extinct in the next 20 years. Now personally I believe they are very resilient and we will get to the point where we will have to do something. I was killing the fish to prove something. I was seeking approval. When the salmon left my hands and went back into the water, I felt like my trophy was gone. Now the salmon in question was destroyed in net marks. It was quite fitting actually that when people saw that I released the fish they then said that he would be poached up river. I certainly hope that salmon went on the spawn and please god made some difference. 

Salmon of Knowledge.

What am I trying to say here. Well firstly you have my local river, millions spent on a fish counter to help the river Maine recover, that data is either falsified or just blantly wrong, this allows lads to net the last few fish that might get up the Maine to spawn. Like am I the only one in the locality that thinks something is quite unfair here. We have millions apon millions of tax payers money going into these rivers, while the people hired to take care of the rivers are then granting licences to net the salmon they are meant to protect. You see I am gone past just heading up the river to catch a salmon and bringing it home for praise. My mind has for some reason gone beyond that. I want to make a difference some how. This is my only way, making sure everybody knows that its corrupt and its rotten to the core. From the IFI, to the anglers, to the mongers and to everyone that just wants to kill Salmon. Like I said before I have been an angler my whole entire life and I will always be, I am certain I will kill Salmon again, I will kill Bass again and Sea Trout. I have no doubt in my mind but for fucks sake these people are millionaires from killing Wild Irish salmon. I have got loads of stuff that I could share that would destroy a lot of people, people in the IFI, people selling the fish but that is not what i'm interested in, just do the fucking job ye were paid for properly. People text, email and ring me everyday. People that worked for the IFI, the media, all the stuff that went on and whats going on. Like am I the only one that wants to make sure Salmon are available for the next generation? The data is wrong, the netting has to stop. The river I grew up on is destroyed. Even the poachers are saying it, they poaching at night and there is nothing left. The cheek of them, and ye reading this some of ye, ye cant help yourselves, ye selfish bastards. 


Sign the Petition : 

Remove Nets From Castlemaine Harbour