Whats it all about?

While driving home from work yesterday, I seen something, It was someone I grew up with, well he was younger than me, and if I am honest he was not allowed be around us, we were heading no where fast. He was driving a brand new Mercedes. His father was in the front seat, proud as can be. It got me thinking. He went to collage, stayed on the right track, done everything right, so now he rewards himself with a new car. Remember the Lion King movie? The circle of life! This is the circle of life sold be capitalism. Its the very reason we are in the state we are in. Environmentally, spiritually and emotionally. Now I am gonna say this first, I can be judgemental because of my own trails in life but really is that what it is all about. Success? A new fucking car! What I am really trying to say here is what are we living for? Are we living to just gather and build ourselves? I will say this here first, that is not me and it will never be me. Like if people think that killing Native Wild Irish Salmon that have travelled thousands apon thousands of miles across the Atlantic to get back to Ireland's tiny streams in Ireland's mountains so that the owners of business's like Quinlan's and Krd in Killorglin can get richer and richer and buy big jeeps from Germany. If you think that is OK while maybe your life will be a lot simpler than mine. But my circle of life is vastly different to yours. 


Mia Brosnan, Banna Beach cleanup, 2019

I was reading something the last day, it was figures from the annual fish catch. The figures through the 70's and the 80's. I will attach the link below. You can see the figures even with the Irish fleet how year in and year out the annual catch goes up and up. The overall catch is going up all the time. When does it stop. We consume so much. Our whole reason for living is to consume. To make as much money as we can. To live as comfortably as we can. To have the best of everything. To be better than everyone else. We drink and drug ourselves into oblivion. We eat ourselves to death. Now its gone to other way as well, teeth whiter than white, mindset gurus, personal trainers. Like in my home town of Tralee, id say we have at least 50 personal trainers. The all have their own way of making your life better. If you want my advice. Go to church, look at the virtues and give up drink and drugs. Do that and everything will fall into place. So back to the Lion King! Jordan Peterson has a whole series on this! So what happens? So Simba is outcast-ed by his evil uncle and his father is killed! Simba grows up and restores peace. The circle of life is the restore peace in a somewhat cruel world. Now lets look at our circle of life, go to school, do what you are told, get good grades, go to collage, get a good job, find a good girl, have a family, get married, live happily ever after! Sounds about right? I know people who have done this but its very very few. Where do we restore peace in the world? Where do we stand up and be counted? What does it mean to actually live a life of virtue and honest living.