The best angler i ever knew!

Here is a story about the best angler I ever met, years ago on this very bridge I bumped into an angler that a lot of tralee people would know, Davy Nolan, as we stood on the bridge he talked about the Aughcasla River and Loch Slat, he told me about Salmon, and he said when the river touches the top of the rock just above the weir that's your perfect time, I shrugged it off as anglers do, I was young at the time, a few weeks later who had three salmon up on the bridge, and the water was touching the top of the rock, Davy Nolan RIP...
That was probably 20 years ago, but the salmon do run the river still, and some fine sea trout, my friend got his first salmon here, these days the river is closed and I don't know why, for me the river belongs to the angler and when the angler doesn't walk the river, the river dies, keep the faith...

Davy nolans Pool, Aughcasla River, Kerry, july 2022