Biggest Salmon Caught in Ireland Part 4

 So more big salmon! This time we are in Kerry! Now i know there are plenty of fish that are caught and never photographed! That is no good to me! If you have caught big fish, stop holding onto the fish like Gollum did with the ring in lord of the rings. I am doing my best to show ye big fish! My mentality is that we need to show off our rivers and our fish. I do not believe that keeping pools, rivers, lochs, marks or big fish secrets does anything only destroy any hope of bringing youngfellas into this way of life! I met a young fella recently while walking in Ballyseedy wood. His name is Liam and I saw him wading the river spinning for trout. I immediately went over and introduced myself and we have been in contact ever since. If I wanted to keep the fact that I know a great place for mullet a secret from him then would he have been out chasing mullet? He is out fishing the Maine trying to catch his first salmon! I have told him everything I know, why? Because in fact everything I know has been passed down to me! Angling is dying not because they are a new generation, its dying because we don't nurture the young-fellas showing a bit of interest. 


John Hussey, Laune, Black Flying C, 20lb, May



Con Mccarthy, River Feale, April 


Mike Divine, River Feale, 16lb, spinner