People dont want Offshore Wind Farms on the Dingle Peninsula

 I recently did a survey on offshore wind farms on the peninsula. Here is a chart detailing the outcome. The survey has another few days to go but I decided to write this now because the result is obvious. The people do not want to have offshore wind farms on the peninsula. 

No windfarms on the Peninsula.

The reason I am interested in this subject is because I truly feel the people are being sold a lie with these offshore wind farms. Let me explain how I feel. So it is widely known that a lot of the companies behind these wind farms are the same companies that invested money here in Ireland to construct salmon farms. Now these companies are allowed to do this. They are money making organisations that see a lot of profit to be made here in Ireland. Let me say this also, salmon farms provide jobs here in Ireland, Irish families are supported by these companies and these wind farms will bring a lot of money here and into communities that need it. I personally support this. We need investment, especially in areas that are disadvantaged. Parts of the peninsula will benefit hugely from this and its a very hard call not to support that. The real problem I have, is this type of green washing that goes on. These wind farms will kill parts of the marine ecosystem. I really feel that but If I am wrong and I live long enough to hold my hand up and say I was wrong, I will. Lets not be blind folded by the fact that constructing huge wind farms in salmon migration corridors, won't affect salmon. Of course it will. Fishing within these farms wont be allowed, so fishermen will have to be compensated and they should be compensated hugely. The scenery will not be the same. I know from guiding tourists that for example the french hate the sight of these things. In fact a lot of them will not hunt anywhere near them. Our electricity prices will not come down for years because it's us that will be paying to construct them and by the time they paid off they will have to be replaced by newer more modern turbines. On the other hand is it cleaner energy? Most probably. We do not have to drill holes to pump dirty oil up. Its a cleaner, more sustainable energy source and I suppose that is the main reason why a lot of the politicians want these built and maybe they are right. Who knows? Only time will tell if these wind farms become all that they say they are!? All i know is they said the same about salmon farms and look what happened!