Fish Counter Data Refused

So I applied to the IFI to gain access to the fish counter data on the river Maine for the year 2018. In that year they counted over 1400 spring salmon going over the counter. That would be salmon from January to May, everybody knows that the river Maine is a late river. In that year very little salmon went over the counter from may onwards. I applied by way of an AIE request, this is defined as follows "the Access to Information on the Environment (AIE) Regulations 2007 to 2018 gives citizens the right to access information on the environment from public authorities". You would think that if I made this request than in the interest of the public the IFI should try and get us this data. They refused on the grounds that it would be hazardous to the environment if they gave me this information. The problem is every year needs to be looked at. The data is fraudulent and be hook or by crook we will get our hands on it. The fight goes on. Here is the letter from the IFI refusing me the data, don't worry I will appeal. Also it must be said that in my opinion it's a danger  to the environment not getting this data. If we can prove that the counter data isn't accurate and every year the river has been open while inaccurate data was provided, heads will go.